The APL5156 is a low ground current linear regulator, which operates with input voltage from 6.5V to 25V and delivers output current up to 150mA. Typical dropout voltage is only 1.9V at 150mA loading. This combination of the high voltage and the low ground current makes the APL5156 ideal for USB and portable devices, using 2-cell or 3-cell Li-Ion battery inputs.
The APL5156 is stable with aluminum, tantalum, and ceramic capacitors. It requires a 2.2mF or greater capacitor for stability.
The APL5156 has many protection functions, including over-temperature, current-limit, reverse battery, and reverse leakage protections which prevent the device from thermal over-load, current over-load, reverse connection of the battery and output current reversing to the VIN.
The APL5156 regulator is available in miniature SOT-23-5, SOT-89, and SOP-8P packages.
• Wide Operating Voltage : 6.5V~25V
• Ultra Low Ground Current : 70mA
• High Output Accuracy : ±2% Over Temperature
• Excellent Load/Line Transient
• Low Dropout Voltage : 1900mv @ 150mA
• Fixed Output Voltages for 5V/3.3V or Adjustable
• Built-In Reverse Battery Protection
• Built-In Reverse Leakage Protection
• Built-In Current-Limit Protection
• Built-In Over-Temperature Protection
• Zero Shutdown Current
• Internal Soft-Start Function 0.5ms~1.5ms (max)
• POR Scheme to Prevent VOUT Spike
• Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum, or Ceramic Capacitors
• SOT-23-5, SOT-89, and SOP-8P Packages
• Lead Free and Green Devices Available
• USB Power Supply
• Keep-Alive Supply in Notebook and Portable
• Logic Supply for High-Voltage Batteries
• Battery Powered Systems