The S-8261 series are lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable battery protection ICs incorporating high accuracy voltage detection circuit and delay circuit. The S-8261 series are suitable for protection of single-cell lithium ion/lithium polymer battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge and overcurrent.
(1) Internal high accuracy voltage detection circuit
• Overcharge detection voltage 3.9 V to 4.4 V (applicable in 5 mV step)
Accuracy: ±25 mV (+25 °C) and ±30 mV (−5 °C to +55 °C)
• Overcharge hysteresis voltage 0.0 V to 0.4 V*1 Accuracy: ±25 mV
The overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected from the range 0.0 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.
• Overdischarge detection voltage 2.0 V to 3.0 V (applicable in 10 mV step) Accuracy: ±50 mV
• Overdischarge hysteresis voltage 0.0 V to 0.7 V*2 Accuracy: ±50 mV
The overdischarge hysteresis voltage can be selected from the range 0.0 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.
• Overcurrent 1 detection voltage 0.05 V to 0.3 V (applicable in 10 mV step) Accuracy: ±15 mV
• Overcurrent 2 detection voltage 0.5 V (fixed) Accuracy: ±100 mV
(2) High voltage device is used for charger connection pins
(VM and CO pins: absolute maximum rating = 28 V)
(3) Delay times (overcharge: tCU, overdischarge: tDL, overcurrent 1: tlOV1, overcurrent 2: tlOV2) are generated
by an internal circuit. No external capacitor is necessary. Accuracy: ±20%
(4) Three-step overcurrent detection circuit is included.
(overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2 and load short-circuiting)
(5) 0 V battery charge function “available” / “unavailable” are selectable.
(6) Charger detection function and abnormal charge current detection function
• The overdischarge hysteresis is released by detecting negative voltage at the VM pin (−0.7 V typ.).
(Charger detection function)
• When the output voltage of the DO pin is high and the voltage at the VM pin is equal to or lower than the charger detection voltage (−0.7 V typ.), the output voltage of the CO pin goes low. (Abnormal charge current detection function)
(7) Low current consumption
• Operation mode 3.5 µA typ., 7.0 µA max.
• Power-down mode 0.1 µA max.
(8) Wide operating temperature range −40 °C to +85 °C
(9) Small package SOT-23-6, 6-Pin SNB(B)
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(where overcharge release voltage < 3.8 V is prohibited.)
*2. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(where overdischarge release voltage > 3.4 V is prohibited.)
• Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
• Lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs
General DescriptionThe RT9921 includes a high-performance boost regulator, a low dropout linear regulator (LDO), a gate pulse modulator (GPM), a voltage detector, a VCOM buffer (unity gain OPA), and a VGH charge pump controller for active matrix thin-film transistor (TFT) liquid-crystal displays (LCDs).The boost converter provides the regulated supply voltage for the panel source driver ICs. The converter is a high switching frequency (640kHz or 1.2MHz) current-mode regulator with an integrated 16V N-Channel 0.2Ω MOSFET that allows the use of ultra-small inductors and ceramic capacitors. It provides fast transient response to pulsed loading while achieving efficiency over 90%. The device can produce output voltage as high as 15V from an input as low as 2.5V. Soft-Start is programmed by external capacitor, which sets the input-current ramp-rate.The low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator can supply up to 350mA current while input voltage is 3.3V. It uses an internal PMOS as the pass device. It is suitable for the supply voltage of the timing controller.The GPM is controlled by frame signals from timing controller to modulate the Gate-On voltage, VGHM, which acts a flicker compensation circuit to reduce the coupling effect between gate lines and pixels. It also can delay the Gate-On voltage while power-on for achieving a corrected power-on sequence for gate driver ICs. Both of power-on delay time and the falling time of the Gate-On voltage are programmable by external capacitor and resistor.The voltage detector monitors the supply voltage to issue a reset signal while the detected voltage is too low. The detecting level is decided by an external resistor divider and the delay time is programmable by an external capacitor.The VCOM buffer can drive the LCD VCOM voltage that features high short-circuit current (140mA), fast slew rate (12V/μs), wide bandwidth (12MHz) and rail-to-rail inputs and outputs.The VGH charge pump controller provides regulated TFT Gate-On voltage. The regulation of the positive charge pump is generated by the internal comparator that senses the output voltage and compares it with an internal reference.
Features● 2.5V to 5.5V Input Supply Voltage● 640kHz/1.2MHz Current-Mode Boost Regulator ► Fast Transient Response to Pulsed Load ► Adjustable Output Voltage (±1%) ► Built-In 16V, 2A, 0.2Ω N-MOSFET ► High Efficiency Up to 90% ► Programmable Soft-Start ► Over-Current Protection ► Output Under-Voltage Protection● Low Dropout Voltage Linear Regulator ► Adjustable Output Voltage : 1.5V to VIN − 0.5V (±1.5%) ► Maximum Output Current : 350mA● On-Chip GPM Controller with Adjustable ► Falling Time and Power-On Delay ► Flicker Compensator ► Power-On Sequence Control● Low Voltage Detector ► Programmable Detecting Voltage (±2%) and Delay Time● Unity-Gain Operation Amplifier for VCOM Buffer● Charge Pump for VGH regulation● Over-Temperature Protection● Thin 24 Lead VQFN Package● RoHS Compliant and 100% Lead (Pb)-Free
BATTERY PROTECTION IC FOR 1-CELL PACK
The S-8241 Series is a series of lithiumion/lithium polymer rechargeable battery protection ICs incorporating high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits.
These ICs are suitable for protection of 1-cell lithium ion/lithium polymer battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge and overcurrent.
(1) Internal high-accuracy voltage detection circuit
•Overcharge detection voltage: 3.9 to 4.4 V (5 mV-step)
Accuracy of ±25 mV(+25 °C) and ± 30 mV(−5 to +55 °C)
•Overcharge release voltage: 3.8 to 4.4 V*1 Accuracy of ±50 mV
•Overdischarge detection voltage: 2.0 to 3.0 V (100 mV-step) Accuracy of ±80 mV
•Overdischarge release voltage: 2.0 to 3.4 V*2 Accuracy of ±100 mV
•Overcurrent 1 detection voltage: 0.05 to 0.3 V (5 mV-step) Accuracy of ±20 mV
•Overcurrent 2 detection voltage: 0.5 V (fixed) Accuracy of ±100 mV
(2) A high voltage withstand device isused for charger connection pins
(VM and CO pins: Absolute maximum rating = 26 V)
(3) Delay times (overcharge: tCU; overdischarge: tDL; overcurrent 1: tlOV1 ; overcurrent 2: tlOV2) are generated by an internal circuit. (External capacitors are unnecessary.) Accuracy of ±30%
(4) Internal three-step overcurrent detection circuit (overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2, and load short-circuiting)
(5) Either the 0 V battery charging function or 0 V battery charge inhibiting function can be selected.
(6) Products with and without a power-down function can be selected.
(7) Charger detection function and abnormal charge current detection function
•The overdischarge hysterisis is released by detecting a negative VM pin voltage (typ. −1.3 V) (Charger detection function).
•If the output voltage at DO pin is high and the VM pin voltage becomes equalto or lower than the charger detection voltage (typ. −1.3 V), the output voltage at CO pin goes low (Abnormal charge current detection function).
(8) Low current consumption
•Operation: 3.0 μA typ. 5.0 μA max.
•Power-down mode: 0.1 μA max.
(9) Wide operating temperature range: −40 to +85 °C
(10) Small package SOT-23-5, SNT-6A
(11) Lead-free products
*1.Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage - Overcharge hysteresis
The overcharge hysteresis can be selected in the range 0.0, or 0.1 to 0.4 V in 50 mV steps. (However, selection
“Overcharge release voltage<3.8 V” is enabled.)
*2.Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis
The overdischarge hysteresis can be selected in the range 0.0 to 0.7 V in100 mV steps. (However, selection
“Overdischarge release voltage>3.4 V” is enabled.)
•Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
•Lithium- polymer rechargeable battery packs
General DescriptionThe APW3007 provides the power control and protection for four output voltage in high-performance microprocessor and computer applications.The APW3007 is designed to provide termination voltage VTT(1.25V) with ±1% accuracy.It integrates two PWM controllers , a linear regulator and a liear controller as well as the monitoring and protection function into a single package. One PWM controller regulates the microprocessor core voltage with a synchronous-rectified buck converter , while the second PWM controller supplies the I/O 3.3V power with a standard buck converter. The linear controller regulates power for GTL bus and the intermal 200mA regulator for clock driver circuits.The APW3007 can provide in excess of 14A of output current for an on-board DC/DC converter via internal reference voltage. It can monitor all the output voltage , and a single Power Good signal is issued when the core is within 10% of the internal reference voltage and the other levels are above their under voltage levels. Additional built-in over-voltage protection for the core output uses the lower MOSFET to prevent output voltage above 115% of the reference voltage. The PWM controller’s over-current function monitor the output current by sensing the voltage drop across the upper MOSFET’s RDS(ON) , eliminating the need for a current sensing resistor.
Features• Provides 4 Regulated Voltages − Microprocessor Core , I/O , Clock Chip and GTL Bus• Simple Single-Loop Control Design − Voltage-Mode PWM Control• Fast Transient Response − High-Bandwidth Error Amplifier − Full 0% to 100% Duty Ratio• Excellent Output Voltage Regulation − Core PWM Output : ±1% Over Temperature − I/O PWM Output : ±2% Over Temperature − Other Output : ±2.5% Over Temperature• Power-Good Output Voltage Monitor• Microprocessor Core Voltage Protection Against Shorted MOSFET• Over-Voltage and Over-Current Fault Monitors• Small Converter Size − Constant Frequency Operation − 200kHz Free-Running Oscillator ; Programmagle from 50kHz to 800kHz Applications• Motherboard Power Regulation for Computers• Low-Voltage Distributed Power Supplies• VGA Card Power Regulation• Termination Voltage
The TPS65177/A provides all supply rails needed by a GIP (Gate-in-Panel) or non-GIP TFT-LCD panel. All output voltages are I2C programmable.
V(IO) and V(CORE) for the T-CON, V(AVDD) and V(HAVDD) for the Source Driver and the Gamma Buffer, V(GH) and V(GL) for the Gate Driver or the Level Shifter. For use with non-GIP technology Gate Pulse Modulation (GPM) is implemented, for use with GIP technology the V(GH) rail can be temperature compensated. Furthermore a High Voltage Stress Mode (HVS) for V(AVDD) and V(HAVDD) and an integrated V(AVDD) Isolation Switch is implemented. V(CORE), V(HAVDD), V(GH), V(GL), GPM and the V(GH) temperature compensation can be enabled and disabled by I2C programming.
• Enable / Disable
– TPS65177: AVI power cycle
– TPS65177A: VI power cycle or EN-pin
• 8.6-V to 14.7-V Input Voltage Range
• Non-Synchronous Boost Converter (V(AVDD))
– Integrated Isolation Switch
– 13.5-V to 19.8-V Output Voltage (I2C)
– 15-V Default Output Voltage
– 4.25-A Switch Current Limit (I2C)
– High Voltage Stress Mode (I2C)
• Synchronous Buck Converter (V(HAVDD))
– 4.8-V to 11.1-V Output Voltage (I2C)
– 7.5-V Default Output Voltage
– 1.7-A Switch Current Limit
– High Voltage Stress Mode (I2C)
• Non-Synchronous Buck Converter (V(IO))
– 2.2-V to 3.7-V Output Voltage (I2C)
– 2.5-V Default Output Voltage
– 3-A Switch Current Limit
• Synchronous Buck Converter (V(CORE))
– 0.8-V to 3.3-V Output Voltage (I2C)
– 1-V Default Output Voltage
– 2.5-A Switch Current Limit
• Positive Charge-Pump Controller (V(GH))
– 20-V to 40-V Output Voltage (I2C)
– 28-V Default Output Voltage
– Temp. Compensation Offset 0-V to 15-V (I2C)
– 4-V Default Offset (28 V to 32 V)
• Negative Charge-Pump Controller (V(GL))
– –14.5-V to –5.5-V Output Voltage (I2C)
– –7.9-V Default Output Voltage
• Gate Pulse Modulation (GPM)
– Down to 0-V, 5-V, 10-V or 15-V (I2C)
– 0-V Default Discharge Voltage
• Temperature Compensation for V(GH)
• Thermal Shutdown
• I2C Compatible Interface
• EEPROM Memory
• 6-mm × 6-mm × 1-mm 40-Pin VQFN Package
• GIP (Gate-in-Panel) LCD TVs
• Non-GIP LCD TVs
The HIP6004A provides complete control and protection for a DC-DC converter optimized for high-performance microprocessor applications. It is designed to drive two N-Channel MOSFETs in a synchronous-rectified buck topology. The HIP6004A integrates all of the control, output adjustment, monitoring and protection functions into a single package.The output voltage of the converter is easily adjusted and precisely regulated. The HIP6004A includes a fully TTL compatible 5-input digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that adjusts the output voltage from 2.1VDC to 3.5VDC in 0.1V increments and from 1.8VDC to 2.05VDC in 0.05V steps. The precision reference and voltage-mode regulator hold the selected output voltage to within ±1% over temperature and line voltage variations.The HIP6004A provides simple, single feedback loop, voltage-mode control with fast transient response. It includes a 200kHz free-running triangle-wave oscillator that is adjustable from below 50kHz to over 1MHz. The error amplifier features a 15MHz gain-bandwidth product and 6V/ms slew rate which enables high converter bandwidth for fast transient performance. The resulting PWM duty ratio ranges from 0% to 100%.The HIP6004A monitors the output voltage with a window comparator that tracks the DAC output and issues a Power Good signal when the output is within ±10%. The HIP6004A protects against over-current and over-voltage conditions by inhibiting PWM operation. Additional built-in over-voltage protection triggers an external SCR to crowbar the input supply. The HIP6004A monitors the current by using the rDS(ON) of the upper MOSFET which eliminates the need for a current sensing resistor.
Features• Drives Two N-Channel MOSFETs• Operates from +5V or +12V Input• Simple Single-Loop Control Design - Voltage-Mode PWM Control• Fast Transient Response - High-Bandwidth Error Amplifier - Full 0% to 100% Duty Ratio• Excellent Output Voltage Regulation - ±1% Over Line Voltage and Temperature• TTL-Compatible 5-Bit Digital-to-Analog Output Voltage Selection - Wide Range . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.8VDC to 3.5VDC - 0.1V Binary Steps. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.1VDC to 3.5VDC - 0.05V Binary Steps. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.8VDC to 2.05VDC• Power-Good Output Voltage Monitor• Over-Voltage and Over-Current Fault Monitors - Does Not Require Extra Current Sensing Element, Uses MOSFET’s rDS(ON)• Small Converter Size - Constant Frequency Operation - 200kHz Free-Running Oscillator Programmable from 50kHz to over 1MHz
Applications• Power Supply for Pentium®, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, PowerPC™, K6™, 6X86™ and Alpha™ Microprocessors• High-Power 5V to 3.xV DC-DC Regulators• Low-Voltage Distributed Power Supplies
The R1160x Series consist of CMOS-based voltage regulator ICs with high output voltage accuracy, low supply current, and low ON-resistance. Each of these voltage regulator ICs consists of a voltage reference unit, an error amplifier, resistors for setting Output Voltage, a current limit circuit, and a chip enable circuit.
These ICs perform with low dropout voltage and a chip enable function. To prevent the destruction by over current, current limit circuit is included. The R1160x Series have 3-mode. One is standby mode with CE or standby control pin. Other two modes are realized with ECO pin™. Fast Transient Mode (FT mode) and Low Power Mode (LP mode) are alternative with ECO pin™. Consumption current is reduced to 1/10 at Low Power Mode compared with Fast Transient Mode. Output voltage is maintained between FT mode and LP mode. The output voltage of these ICs is internally fixed with high accuracy. Since the packages for these ICs are SOT-23-5 and SON-6 packages, high density mounting of the ICs on boards is possible.
• Ultra-Low Supply Current..................................Typ. 3.5µA (Low Power Mode, VOUT < = 1.5V)
Typ. 40µA (Fast Transient Mode)
• Standby Mode ...................................................Typ. 0.1µA
• Low Dropout Voltage.........................................Typ. 0.30V (IOUT=200mA 3.0V Output Voltage=1.0V Type)
Typ. 0.20V (IOUT=200mA 3.0V Output Voltage=1.5V Type)
Typ. 0.14V (IOUT=200mA 3.0V Output Voltage=3.0V Type)
• High Ripple Rejection .......................................Typ. 70dB (f=1kHz,FT Mode)
• Low Temperature-Drift Coefficient of Output Voltage Typ. ±100ppm/°C
• Excellent Line Regulation .................................Typ. 0.05%/V
• High Output Voltage Accuracy ..........................±2.0% (±3.0% at LP Mode)
• Output Voltage ..................................................0.8V to 3.3V
• Input Voltage .....................................................Min.1.4V
• Built-in Fold Back Protection Circuit .................Typ. 50mA (Current at short mode)
• Small Packages ..............................................SOT-23-5 (Super Mini-mold),SON-6
• Precision Voltage References.
• Power source for electrical appliances such as cameras, VCRs and hand-held communication equipment.
• Power source for battery-powered equipment.
The RS5RM Series are step-up DC/DC converter ICs equipped with a voltage regulator (VR) and a voltage detector (VD) by CMOS process. Each of these step-up DC/DC converter ICs consists of a PWM DC/DC convert er, a linear regulator and a voltage detector. These ICs are output-voltage-fixed type regulators which function as a linear regulator when input voltage is high, and as step-up DC/DC converter+linear regulator when input voltage is low, by using an inductor, a diode and a capacitor as external parts for the ICs.
• Low Supply Current ..........................................TYP. 55µA (RS5RM3624A : VIN=3.0V,at no load)
• Standby Mode.....................................................Istandby=MAX. 1.0µA (RS5RM××××A)
Istandby=MAX. 10.0µA (RS5RM××××B)
• Low Voltage Operation Possible.......................Operating Voltage VIN=1.2V to 10V
• High Output Voltage Accuracy.........................Fixed Output Voltage Accuracy±2.5%
• High Voltage Detection Accuracy.....................±2.5%
• Output Voltage can be set at User's request (refer to Selection Guide).
• Voltage close to battery's voltage can be output because these ICs are of a step-up / step-down type
(Ex. a fixed voltage of 3V can be output by a 3V battery).
• Soft Start Function, built-in Protection Circuits for Lx Driver
• Phase Compensation Circuits built in
• Pin for External Driver is equipped, and a large current output can be obtained.
• Small Packages ..................................................8pin SOP
• Power source for cameras, camcorders, and hand-held audio equipment.
• Power source for small OA apparatus such as note book personal computers,and word processors.
• Power source for hand-held communication appliances such as pagers,cordless telephones, and cellular phones.
DESCRIPTIONThe lm392-N series consists of 2 independent building block circuits. One is a high gain, internally frequency compensated operational amplifier, and the other is a precision voltage comparator. Both the operational amplifier and the voltage comparator have been specifically designed to operate from a single power supply over a wide range of voltages. Both circuits have input stages which will common- mode input down to ground when operating from a single power supply. Operation from split power supplies is also possible and the low power supply current is independent of the magnitude of the supply voltage.Application areas include transducer amplifier with pulse shaper, DC gain block with level detector, VCO, as well as all conventional operational amplifier or voltage comparator circuits. Both circuits can be operated directly from the standard 5 VDC power supply voltage used in digital systems, and the output of the comparator will interface directly with either TTL or CMOS logic. In addition, the low power drain makes the lm392-N extremely useful in the design of portable equipment.
FEATURES• Wide Power Supply Voltage Range – Single Supply: 3V to 32V – Dual Supply: ±1.5V to ±16V• Low Supply Current Drain—Essentially Independent of Supply Voltage: 600 μA• Low Input Biasing Current: 50 nA• Low Input Offset Voltage: 2 mV• Low Input Offset Current: 5 nA• Input Common-Mode Voltage Range Includes Ground• Differential Input Voltage Range Equal to the Power Supply Voltage• ADDITIONAL OP AMP FEATURES – Internally Frequency Compensated for Unity Gain – Large DC Voltage Gain: 100 dB – Wide Bandwidth (Unity Gain): 1 MHz – Large Output Voltage Swing: 0V to V+ − 1.5V• ADDITIONAL COMPARATOR FEATURES – Low Output Saturation Voltage: 250 mV at 4 mA – Output Voltage Compatible with all Types of Logic Systems
ADVANTAGES• Eliminates Need for Dual Power Supplies• An Internally Compensated Op Amp and a Precision Comparator in the Same Package• Allows Sensing at or Near Ground• Power Drain Suitable for Battery Operation• Pin-Out is the Same as Both the LM358 Dual Op Amp and the LM393 Dual Comparator
DESCRIPTION/ORDERING INFORMATIONThe LM392 consists of two independent building-block circuits. One is a high-gain internally-frequency-compensated operational amplifier, and the other is a precision voltage comparator. Both the operational amplifier and the voltage comparator are designed to operate from a single power supply over a wide range of voltages. Both circuits have input stages that force the common-mode input down to ground when operating from a single power supply. Operation from split power supplies also is possible, and the low power-supply current is independent of the magnitude of the supply voltage.Applications include transducer amplifiers with pulse shapers, DC gain blocks with level detectors, and VCOs, as well as all conventional operational amplifier or voltage-comparator circuits. The LM392 can be operated directly from the standard 5-V power-supply voltage used in digital systems, and the output of the comparator interfaces directly with either TTL or CMOS logic. In addition, the low-power drain makes the LM392 extremely useful in the design of portable equipment.
FEATURES• Wide Power-Supply Voltage Range – Single Supply: 3 V to 32 V – Dual Supply: ±1.5 V to ±16 V• Low Supply-Current Drain Essentially Independent of Supply Voltage: 600 µA• Low Input Biasing Current: 50 nA• Low Input Offset Voltage: 2 mV• Low Input Offset Current: 5 nA• Input Common-Mode Voltage Range Includes Ground• Differential Input Voltage Range Equals Power-Supply Voltage• Additional Operational Amplifier Features – Internally Frequency Compensated for Unity Gain – Large DC Voltage Gain: 100 dB – Wide Bandwidth (Unity Gain): 1 MHz – Large Output Voltage Swing: 0 V to V+ – 1.5 V
ADVANTAGES• Additional Comparator Features – Low Output Saturation Voltage: 250 mV at 4 mA – Output Voltage Compatible With All Types of Logic Systems• Eliminates Need for Dual Power Supplies• An Internally Compensated Operational Amplifier and a Precision Comparator in the Same Package• Allows Sensing at or Near Ground