The SM802104 is a member of the ClockWorks™ family of devices from Micrel and provides an extremely low-noise timing solution for Fibre Channel clock signals. It is based upon a unique, patented RotaryWave® architecture that provides very low phase noise.
The device operates from a 3.3V or 2.5V power supply and synthesizes LVPECL output clocks at 106.25MHz or 212.5MHz. There are normally two clock outputs, but one output can be achieved by powering down the second output with the OE pin. The SM802104 accepts a 26.5625MHz crystal or LVCMOS reference clock.
• Generates one or two LVPECL clock outputs at 106.25MHz or 212.5MHz
• 2.5V or 3.3V operating range
• Typical phase jitter @ 106.25MHz (637kHz to 10MHz): 200fs
• Industrial temperature range
• Green, RoHS, and PFOS compliant
• Available in 24-pin 4mm × 4mm QFN package
• Fibre Channel
• Storage Networking (SAN, NAS)