SMART Dust Sensor
SM-PWM-01C dust sensor detects dust particle concentration in air by using an optical sensing method. An infrared light emitting diode (IR LED) and a photo-sensor are optically arranged in the device. The photosensor detects the reflected IR LED light by dust particles in air. The dust sensor can detect the small particles like cigarette smoke and can distinguish small particles like smoke from large house dust by the pulse pattern of the signal output.
• Compact size, lightweight (about W59x H46x D18 mm, 20g).
• PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Output (Low pulse output).
• Distinguishes small particles of cigarette smoke from large particles of house dust.
• Low Pulse width is proportional to particle size concentration.
• Constant forced air convection flow by heater resister in dust sensor.
• Lead free and RoHS directive compliant.
• Minimum particle size can be detected over 1µm (House dust size: avg 20µm, yellow dust size: avg 20µm, cigarette dust size: avg 1µm).
• Detection of dust in the air for indoor air quality monitoring
• Air cleaners, air purifiers, air conditioners and indoor air quality monitors
• Outdoor dust monitoring with special mechanical design for customer
• Smoke type fire alarm application by different sensor adjustments (customer option)