• Provides two SONET/SDH line interface modes of operation: single STS-48/STM-16 or quad STS-12/STM-4s.
• Processes any valid combination of SONET/SDH STS-48c/AU-4-16c, STS-12c/AU-4-4c, STS-3c/AU-4, or STS-1/AU-3 tributaries within an STS-48/STM-16 or STS-12/STM-4.
• Terminates/generates SONET/SDH section, line, and optionally path overhead. SONET/SDH processing of all defined TOH/POH bytes, compliant with Bellcore GR-253 and ANSI T1.105, and ITU G.751, G.783, G.804.
• Performs full-duplex mapping ATM cells or packets for up to 48 payload tributaries. These tributaries can range in size from STS-48c/AU-4-16c down to STS-1/AU-3.
• Supports full-duplex mapping of ATM cells or packets into DS3 tributaries for ATM over DS3 or packet over DS3 applications. DS3 tributaries are then mapped into either STS-1s or STM-1s via AU-3.
• ATM mapping is compliant with the ATM Forum UNI 3.1 specification and ITU-T I.432.1 and I.432.2.
• POS mapping is compliant with IETF RFC 2615.
• Supports simultaneously ATM, POS, TDM and direct-mapped traffic on a per tributary basis.
• Provides a single 4x622 MHz telecom bus type system interface for add/drop of payload tributaries containing TDM traffic. This interface includes a 144x48 STS-1 level cross connect for grooming of TDM tributaries.
• Alternatively, this TDM port can be used to support protection switching configurations between two OHIO devices or two fiber optics modules.
• This 4x622MHz APS/TDM drop/add interface supports both synchronous and asynchronous operation.
• Built-in 144x48 cross-connect capability in the TX direction. Supports ring architectures such as add-drop, drop and continue, and hairpinning, as well as APS.
• Provides a four bit 622 MHz line interface on the SONET/SDH side for STS-48/STM-16 applications; four serial 622 MHz signal for STS-12/STM-4 applications
• Supports independent loop timing in quad STS-12/STM-4 line configuration
• Provides a 100 MHz 32-bit Flexbus-3TM system interface; supports Utopia Level 3 mode for ATM applications; for packet operation, can be provisionned either in extended Utopia-3 mode or in OIF SPI-3 mode.
• Programmable Utopia/FlexBus-3TM addresses for multi-PHY operation.
• Loopback capability for SONET/SDH, ATM and POS tributaries
• Packaged in 624 pin CBGA
• 0.18um CMOS, 1.8V core and 2.5V I/O supply
• Termination of mixed TDM and Data traffic in Multi service switches
• Dense traffic aggregation in ATM switches and IP Routers
• Multi-service metropolitan access nodes
• SONET/SDH Multiplexers, including 2 fiber BLSR architectures.
• Mapping of Ethernet traffic into SONET/SDH using LAPS