The MTD492 transceiver integrates the coaxial cable interface functions of the Medium Attachment Unit (MAU) in Ethernet or Cheapernet LAN applications. In an Ethernet 10Base5 network, MTD492 is mounted on the thick Ethernet coaxial cable and connects to a station through an AUI cable. For Cheapernet applications, MTD492 is connected to the Cheapernet coaxial cable through a BNC connector and is usually mounted on the LAN adapter in a station.
• Compatible with IEEE 802.3 10Base5 (Ethernet) and 10Base2 (Cheapernet).
• Internal AUI squelch circuitry for noise rejection.
• Transmission IDL detection at end of packet and dribble bit rejection window.
• Reception dribble bit rejection window.
• Reception and transmission mode collision detection.
• Extended collision detection to turn off receiving path.
• CD heartbeat externally controllable.
• Advanced low-power, high-performance CMOS technology.
• ESD protection greater than 2000 Volts.
• 16-pin PDIP and 28-pin PLCC packages.