The LC74411N and LC74411NE are digital processing controllers for PIP (picture-in-picture) systems in TV sets
and VCRs. These ICs incorporate three circuits, a multiplexed A/D converter, field memory, and a D/A converter, to implement the PIP digital processing block in a single chip.
• Horizontal resolution: 450 pixels*
• Single-chip implementation of the three circuits required in a PIP digital processing block: A/D converter, field memory, and D/A converter circuits
• High image quality provided by vertical filtering
• I2C bus adopted
• Built-in PLL circuit (requires an external low-pass filter)
• Supports NTSC and PAL, TV and VCR applications, and multi-format (NTSC and PAL) applications.
• External control function
• 8-bit D/A converter (PWM type): 6 pins
• General-purpose ports: 8 pins
• Sub-screen specifications
• Display on/off, frame/no frame, frame color switching, wipe function
• Display position - Specifiable as an 8-bit value for each of the horizontal and vertical directions.
Vertical reduction: 1/3, 1/4
Horizontal reduction: 1/3, 1/4
– The horizontal size can be adjusted by adjusting the PLL divisor
– The display area vertical and horizontal positions can be varied independently.
• Horizontal resolution (Y signal): about 190 dots
• Quantization: 6 bits
• Operating supply voltage LC74411NE : 5 V ±5% LC74411N : 5 V ±10%
LC74411NE : QFP64E
LC74411N : DIP64S