The AOZ8905 is a transient voltage suppressor array designed to protect high speed data lines such as HDMI, USB 2.0, MDDI, SATA, and Gigabit Ethernet from damaging ESD events.
This device incorporates eight surge rated, low capacitance steering diodes and a TVS in a single package. During transient conditions, the steering diodes direct the transient to either the positive side of the power supply line or to ground.
The AOZ8905 provides a typical line to line capacitance of 0.35pF and low insertion loss up to 3GHz providing greater signal integrity making it ideally suited for HDMI 1.3 or USB 2.0 applications, such as Digital TVs, DVD players, Computing, set-top boxes and MDDI applications in mobile computing devices.
The AOZ8905 comes in RoHS compliant and halogen free SOT23-6L package and is rated -40°C to +85°C junction temperature range.
• ESD protection for high-speed data lines:
– IEC 61000-4-2, level 4 (ESD) immunity test
– ±15kV (air discharge) and ±8kV (contact discharge)
– IEC61000-4-4 (EFT) 40A (5/50nS)
– IEC61000-4-5 (Lightning) 2.5A (8/20µS)
– Human Body Model (HBM) ±15kV
• Array of surge rated diodes with internal TVS diode
• Small package saves board space
• Protects four I/O lines
• Low capacitance between I/O lines: 0.35pF
• Low clamping voltage
• Low operating voltage: 5.0V
• HDMI, USB 2.0, MDDI, SATA ports
• Monitors and flat panel displays
• Set-top box
• Video graphics cards
• Digital Video Interface (DVI)
• Notebook computers